One thing we know for sure is that workplaces, organisations and communities thrive when people generously give help to one another. By helping you to strengthen social capital inside your organisation, Kindo ensures everyone has the opportunity to give and get help with things they really care about, forming connections with others who share their passions and interests along the way. It's time to discover another you.
Gifts come in all shapes and sizes
everybody has something to give.......
WITH KINDO YOU CAN GIVE AND GET HELP IN THREE WAYS
1. Give skills
Giving skills is the gift that literally keeps on giving. Encourage, reward and recognise your people for bringing their whole selves to work by sharing their unique passions or skills with others to make their lives better. Why not...
- Love surfing, share it with someone.
- A wizard in the kitchen? Teach someone to cook?
- Passionate about PowerPoint? Why not share it with others?
- Give a talk about something you really care about?
- Offer to mentor a colleague?
3. GIVE THINGS
Don't go through the hassle of selling your stuff and the icky feeling it leaves. Share the love by giving something of value to someone who would truly value it. Why Not....
- Give that great book to someone who would love it?
- Give that skateboard you don't use to a budding Tony Hawk?
- Love baking? Gifting your delicious cakes or pies is always a winner?
- Minimalise your life by giving your stuff to anyone who wants it?
2. Give help
Give a helping hand to a colleague or work group by supporting a worthy project or initiative, or just pitch in wherever help is needed. Make lasting and meaningful connections and get happy! Why not...
- Help a colleague with a personal project?
- Go on a coffee run for a busy team?
- Make yourself available for someone who really needs help with something?
- Invite someone you don't know for breakfast or lunch and get to know them?
KINDO CAN HELP YOU TO.....
- Break down silos
- Create a culture of collaboration
- Unlock new sources of value, creativity and innovation
- Build high performance teams
- More effectively onboard new employees
- Solve real problems
- Build trust and help people learn more about one another
- Generate a positive workplace environment
- Strengthen networks and relationships
- Touch lives and have more impact
Why do we need to create a culture of giving?
Because something is missing
Although millions of people turn up at their jobs everyday and get busy working on the tasks and activities that turn the wheels of commerce, something is missing! The workplace has never been more demanding, complex and volatile yet at the same time only 13% of employees are engaged in their work (Gallup Worldwide Employee Engagement Crisis) and trust is at an all-time low (AON Hewitt's Workforce Mindset Study). At a time when we need to be at our very best if we're going to navigate the fog and complexity of today's hyper competitive world, we have never felt more disconnected from ourselves, from each other and from those we're meant to be serving.
In his article "Why 'Modern' Work Culture Makes People So Miserable" published in Fortune Magazine, Stanford Professor Jeffrey Pfeffer writes:
We May be colleagues....
but we're not truly connecting as people
When we lack the kind of human connection Professor Pfeffer details in his article it's easy for us to see our work as simply exchanging hours for dollars, and to slip into a mindset of doing a task just well enough to get by. Sadly that is the day-to-day experience for too many people. We may be colleagues but we're not truly connecting as people and where relationships do exist they're typically limited only to the professional interactions required to perform the specific tasks or activities our jobs require.
As a result too many people are turning up for work each day only because they get paid to do so. They lack a sense or purpose and feel valued only because of their professional capabilities rather than because of who they are as whole, complete human beings with unique gifts, talents and interests beyond the narrow scope of their roles. Consequently these gifts remain locked away only to flourish outside the workplace where opportunities to generate new sources of value creation, creativity and innovation are lost.
WE NEED TO REdiscover OUR HUMANITY
Kindo challenges the status quo by creating a workplace environment where everyone has the opportunity to give and get help with things they really care about. Kindo breaks down barriers and smashes through silos, building high performance teams and cultures where people form truly human connections with others who share their passions and interests.
We imagine a future where every employee is recognised and appreciated for who they are as whole, complete people. We imagine a future where employees are able to discover deeper connections and build close friendships with their colleagues as a result of their shared passions and interests. We imagine a future where the workplace is as much a celebration of its humanity as it is its productivity. If like us, you can imagine what a wonderful future that would be, let's talk.